Matt Whitfield has been a City of Rockingham Councillor since October 2013 and is a Baldivis resident who has lived in the Rivergums Estate, the ridge and now in Settlers Hills with his two young boys and wife Ann.
Matt coaches soccer in Baldivis, helps with the Baldivis Little Athletics, sits on the board of the Baldivis Secondary College and set up Baldivis Events to provide free community events in our suburb.
Matt has had a varied career and has been a Cruise Director, Banking Manager, Centre Manager, Sales person and a Police Officer in the WA Police Force before committing to his council role in a full time capacity where he chairs numerous committees and is proud of his track record in listening to residents concerns and issues and then delivering results working with the City of Rockingham and other key partners.
Matt is especially proud of his role in delivering –
- Fixed time parking around the Baldivis Post Office.
- Ensuring that rates are realistic and not too high.
- Upcoming sporting facility on Eighty Road
- Upcoming youth plaza on Tranby Drive
- Temporary Path to Baldivis primary school
- Dog areas in Baldivis
- Enhancements to the security service
- More CCTV
- Police forums to Rockingham
- Common sense solutions to issues between the city and residents.
Matt works closely with many organisations including the Baldivis Childrens forest, the Baldivis Lions, the Baldivis Bush Fire Brigade, all of the P+C groups in Baldivis, the Baldivis Business Network, Baldivis Probus, Baldivis Rotary, Baldivis residents association to list but a few.
Those who know him say that he is extremely pro-active, motivated, passionate and will fight your fight with you if you have been wronged and is not frightened to do whatever needs to be done to achieve a good outcome for the community.